Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving & Preparing for India...

My parents came down to visit and celebrate an early thanksgiving with us November 13th. This was my attempt at making thanksgiving dinner.

This year their trip was filled (as it always is when they visit) with projects and more projects. This year my dad and Sol helped fix: our front door, areas where our soffit had rotted, our fence gate, our cars, and other small projects like floor trim around the house. My mom and I were busy sewing an Indian Kurti and a Salwar Kameez for me to wear for my trip to India.


Here is one of the finished products - Thanks Mom!


Some other items I will be needing for India:

GoGirl - so us ladies can pee more easily into the holes in the ground when we are out and about. Google "GoGirl" to get an idea what I'm talking about.

To go along with my 6 vaccinations - Lots of drugs!
Malaria drugs - well you can guess why
Papaya enzyme - to help digest the new and different foods
Prescription strength emergency stomach meds - again, Indian food
Over the counter stomach meds - are you getting the picture?

Oh and lets not forget the passport...

and my India Visa!
and the list goes on....

I leave Saturday morning for NYC and then we depart for India at 8:20pm. We will be arriving in Mumbai Sunday at 9pm! That's all I have to offer you for now. Keep checking, I will try to post a few pictures and updates while I'm there!
Oh, and call my husband, he might get bored during the 10 days I'm gone. Then again he might not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment